Thursday, February 1, 2018

February Reading Plans

I got quite a bit of reading done in January (wrap-up of books and movies coming soon) and I want to keep that momentum going in February. I read a lot of books from the library in January, which is fine, but I really want to focus on reading books I own this month. I've got a stack of books I've been wanting to get to for ages, and now is the time! Here's what I'm hoping to get to this month!

A Wrinkle in Time, Madeleine L'Engle
I have actually never read this one, and I really want to read it before the Disney adaptation comes out! I actually really love the movie-tie-in edition that I picked up. This one should be a quick read, and L'Engle is on my Women Writers List, so I'm eager to read something of hers and cross her off! 

Alias Grace, Margaret Atwood
I picked this one up super cheap ages ago at a library sale, and have been wanting to get to it for ages. The size has always put me off a bit while in school, but now that I'm done with my degree, I'm trying to tackle the big reads I've been putting off. I know I will enjoy this, and the Netflix adaptation is calling my name too! 

My Life on the Road, Gloria Steinem 
Steinem is another writer from my list I'm eager to cross off. I actually got this from the library a few months ago and got about fifty pages in before realizing that I needed to buy my own copy of this before I could read it so I could mark and flag passages. I'm really interested in learning more about Steinem and her work. 

The Quiet American, Graham Greene 
Another book that I've been wanting to read for ages! I read Greene's The End of the Affair in 2015 and have been wanting to read more of his works since then. I saw the movie adaptation of this in high school, but don't remember much of the plot. I'm really interested to read this and see how it portrays the Vietnam War and to experience more of Greene's storytelling. 

What are your reading plans for this month? 

No comments:

Post a Comment